What are the different operating modes in airPointPRO series?
The airPoint-PRO can operate in four different Modes, namely
- Access Point – In this mode the airPoint-PRO is operating as a normal 802.11b compliant Access Point. Client Info and Client Auth Tabs of simpleMonitor will be enabled in this Mode.
- Client Bridge – In this mode the airPoint-PRO is operating as ethernet client, and you can associate it with Access Point on the LAN. SiteSurvey and Link Status Tabs of simpleMonitor will be enabled on this Mode. This Ethernet Client supports the multiple PCs.
- Wireless Bridge – In this mode airPoint-PRO can bridge 2 or more LANs wirelessly. This Mode support 2 sub modes as,
- Point to Point – This mode lets one airPoint-PRO talk to another airPoint-PRO wirelessly linking two Ethernet LANs behind together.
- Point to MultiPoint – This mode lets multiple airPoint-PRO linking multiple Ethernet LANs.
- Wireless Repeater – In this Mode airPoint-PRO radio takes turn to act as a Client to associate with the upstream Access Point (airPoint/PRO is recommended for compatibility) and then switch to the normal Access Point mode to service local wireless clients. This capability allows for reaching subscribers in the hard to reach areas. Client Info, Client Auth and Link Status Tabs of simpleMonitor will be enabled on this mode.